United We Fall

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

It Only Hurts When I Laugh

When I was a young man I used to think it would suck to be old. I don't exactly have a foot in the grave, yet, but when I think about the crap mountain todays youngsters are facing.

In the good old days we had our problems, but we got through them.

The Commies were bent on world domination. The USA and CCCP had the ability to aniahilate the word population many times over, The geniuses in Civil Defense ( The Original Homeland Security ) said, " If you see a mushroom cloud, get under your desk and cover your head." I was just a kid and even I knew that was stupid.

Then there was Viet-Nam, brought right into our living rooms, in living color no less. I think that was the beginning of the end. At least for me it was. The film bytes from the War Protests were as bloody as the ones from Nam. There's something you don't see now-a-days, War Protests that is, I remember a picture of a hippie girl sticking a daisy into the muzzle of a guards-mans M-16.

I guess the point I'm trying to get at is, I'm glad I'm Old.








1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home